Modifying your vehicle, or installing some non-Honda accessories, can make it unsafe. Before you make any modifications or add any accessories, be sure to read the following information.
Your dealer has Honda accessories that allow you to personalize your vehicle. These accessories have been designed and approved for your vehicle, and are covered by warranty.
Although non-Honda accessories may fit on your vehicle, they may not meet factory specifications, and could adversely affect your vehicle’s handling and stability.
Improper accessories or modifications can affect your vehicle’s handling, stability, and performance, and cause a crash in which you can be hurt or killed.
Follow all instructions in this owner’s manual regarding accessories and modifications.
When properly installed, cellular phones, alarms, two-way radios, and low-powered audio systems should not interfere with your vehicle’s computer controlled systems, such as your airbags, anti-lock brakes, and tire pressure monitoring system (if equipped).
Before installing any accessory:
• Make sure the accessory does not obscure any lights, or interfere with proper vehicle operation or performance.
• Be sure electronic accessories do not overload electrical circuits or interfere with the proper operation of your vehicle.
• Before installing any electronic accessory, have the installer contact your dealer for assistance.
If possible, have your dealer inspect the final installation.
• Do not install accessories on the side pillars or across the rear windows. Accessories installed in these areasmay interfere with proper operation of the side curtain airbags.
Modifying Your Vehicle
Removing parts from your vehicle, or replacing components, with non-Honda components could seriously affect your vehicle’s handling, stability, and reliability.
Here are some examples:
• Lowering the vehicle with a non- Honda suspension kit that significantly reduces ground clearance can allow the undercarriage to hit speed bumps or other raised objects, which could cause the airbags to deploy.
• Raising your vehicle with a non-Honda suspension kit can affect the handling and stability.
• Non-Honda wheels, because they are a universal design, can cause excessive stress on suspension components and will not be compatible with the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) .
* : If equipped
• Larger or smaller wheels and tires can interfere with the operation of your vehicle’s anti-lock brakes and other systems.
• Modifying your steering wheel or any other part of your vehicle’s safety features can make the systems ineffective
If you plan to modify your vehicle, consult your dealer.
Tire and Wheel Replacement
Replace your tires with radials of the same size, load range, speed rating, and maximum cold tire pressure rating (as shown on the tire’s sidewall). Using tires of a different size or construc ...
Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor Replacement (A/T)
Remove the air cleaner assembly. Disconnect the output shaft (countershaft) speed sensor connector, and remove the output shaft (countershaft) speed sensor (A). ...
Special Tools Required Threaded Adapter, 22 x 1.5 mm 07XAC-001010A Slide Hammer 5/8''-18 UNF, commercially available Bearing Puller, commercially available Boot Band Pliers, commerci ...