If you have a flat tire while driving, stop in a safe place to change it.
Drive slowly along the shoulder until you get to an exit or an area to stop that is far away from the traffic lanes.
The vehicle can easily roll off the jack, seriously injuring anyone underneath.
Follow the directions for changing a tire exactly, and never get under the vehicle when it is supported only by the jack.
1. Park the vehicle on firm, level, and non-slippery ground. Put the transmission in Park (automatic) or reverse (manual). Apply the parking brake.
2. Turn on the hazard warning lights, and turn the ignition switch to the LOCK (0) position. Have all passengers get out of the vehicle while you change the tire.
3. Open the tailgate. Raise the cargo area floor lid by lifting it up with the strap that has a loop. To keep the floor lid open, hook the loop of the strap to a leg of the rear center head restraint.
4. Take the tool kit out of the spare tire.
5. Take the jack out of the cargo area.
Turn the jack’s end bracket counterclockwise to loosen it, then remove the jack by lifting it straight up.
6. Unscrew the wing bolt and take the spare tire out of its well.
7. On all models except Sport, remove the wheel cover by carefully prying under its edge with the flat tip of the extension.
8. Loosen each wheel nut 1/2 turn with the wheel nut wrench.
9. Place the jack under the jacking point nearest the tire you need to change.
It is pointed to by a mark molded into
the underside of the body (Sport model). Turn the end bracket clockwise until the top of the jack contacts the jacking point. Make sure the jacking point tab is resting in the jack notch.
10. Use the extension and the wheel nut wrench as shown to raise the vehicle until the flat tire is off the ground.
11. Remove the wheel nuts, then remove the flat tire.Handle the wheel nuts carefully; they may be hot from driving. Place the flat tire on the ground with the outside surface facing up.
12. Before mounting the spare tire, wipe any dirt off the mounting surface of the wheel and hub with a clean cloth. Wipe the hub carefully; it may be hot from driving.
13. Put on the spare tire. Put the wheel nuts back on finger-tight, then tighten them in a crisscross pattern with the wheel nut wrench until the wheel is firmly against the hub. Do not try to tighten the wheel nuts fully.
14. Lower the vehicle to the ground, and remove the jack.
15. Tighten the wheel nuts securely in the same crisscross pattern. Have the wheel nut torque checked at the nearest automotive service facility.
Tighten the wheel nuts to: 80 lbf·ft (108 N·m , 11 kgf·m)
16. On Sport model: Remove the center cap before storing the flat tire.
17. Place the flat tire face down in the spare tire well.
18. Secure the flat tire by screwing the wing bolt back into its hole.
19. Store the jack. Place the tool kit in the center of the flat tire.
Loose items can fly around the interior in a crash and could seriously injure the occupants.
Store the wheel, jack, and tools securely before driving.
20. Store the wheel cover or center cap in the cargo area. Make sure it will not get scratched or damaged.
2`1. Remove the strap loop from the leg of the head restraint, then lower the floor lid, and close the tailgate.
Installing a wheel cover
All models except Sport
1. Make sure the wire support ring is hooked into the clips around the edge of the wheel cover.
2. Align the valve mark on the wheel cover to the tire valve on the wheel, then install the wheel cover.
3. Make sure the wire support ring is on the outer side of the tire valve as shown.
You can play music from a wide array of media sources. You can also control the audio system using voice commands. ...
Transmission End Cover Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch Replacement (A/T)
Remove the transmission fluid pressure switch A (2nd clutch) (A). Make sure there is no water, oil, dust, or foreign particles inside the connector. Install the new tr ...
Pilot Bearing Replacement
Remove the crankshaft pilot bearing (A) using the remover weight (B), and the 15 mm bearing remover shaft set (C). Install a new pilot bearing (A) into the crankshaft using th ...