■ Reasons for the indicator to come on
Comes on when the engine oil pressure is low.
■ What to do as soon as the indicator comes on
1. Immediately park the vehicle in a safe place.
2. If necessary, turn the hazard warning lights on.
■ What to do after parking the vehicle
1. Stop the engine and let it sit for about one minute.
2. Open the hood and check the oil level.
► Add oil as necessary.
3. Start the engine and check the low oil pressure indicator.
► The light goes out: Start driving again.
► The light does not go out within 10 seconds: Stop the engine and contact a dealer for repairs immediately.
Running the engine with low oil pressure can cause serious mechanical damage almost immediately.
Checking the Battery
Check the battery condition monthly. Look at the test indicator window and check the terminals for corrosion. If your vehicle’s battery is disconnected or goes dead: • The audio system* is d ...
Starting the Engine
1. Apply the parking brake. 2. In cold weather, turn off all electrical accessories to reduce the drain on the battery. 3. Manual transmission: Press the clutch pedal down all the way. The START ( ...
Fuel Tank Replacement
Drain the fuel tank until it is less than half full. Reinstall the fuel tank unit without connecting the fuel tank unit 4P connector and the quick-connect fitting (feed l ...