You should do the following checks and adjustments before you drive your vehicle.
1. Make sure all windows, mirrors, and outside lights are clean and unobstructed. Remove frost, snow, or ice.
2. Check that the hood is fully closed.
3. Visually check the tires. If a tire looks low, use a gauge to check its pressure.
4. Check that any items you may be carrying are stored properly or fastened down securely.
5. Check the seat adjustment.
6. Check the adjustment of the inside and outside mirrors.
7. Check the steering wheel adjustment.
8. Make sure the doors and the tailgate are securely closed and locked.
9. Fasten your seat belt. Check that your passengers have fastened their seat belts.
10. When you start the engine, check the gauges and indicators in the instrument panel
Change Lever Clearance Inspection (M/T)
Measure the clearance between the change lever (A) and the select lever (B) with a feeler gauge (C). If the clearance is more than the service limit, go to step 2. ...
How to Set Readiness Codes
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Indication (In relation to Readiness Codes) The vehicle has certain readiness codes that are part of the on-board diagnostics for the emissions systems. If the ve ...
Instruments and Controls
This section gives information about the controls and displays that contribute to the daily operation of your vehicle. All the essential controls are within easy reach. ...