You should do the following checks and adjustments before you drive your vehicle.
1. Make sure all windows, mirrors, and outside lights are clean and unobstructed. Remove frost, snow, or ice.
2. Check that the hood is fully closed.
3. Visually check the tires. If a tire looks low, use a gauge to check its pressure.
4. Check that any items you may be carrying are stored properly or fastened down securely.
5. Check the seat adjustment.
6. Check the adjustment of the inside and outside mirrors.
7. Check the steering wheel adjustment.
8. Make sure the doors and the tailgate are securely closed and locked.
9. Fasten your seat belt. Check that your passengers have fastened their seat belts.
10. When you start the engine, check the gauges and indicators in the instrument panel
Glove Box Pull the handle to open the glove box. WARNING An open glove box can cause serious injury to your passenger in a crash, even if the passenger is wearing the seat belt. Always keep ...
Low Oil Pressure Indicator
This indicator should never come on when the engine is running. If it starts flashing or stays on, the oil pressure has dropped very low or lost pressure. Serious engine damage is possible, and ...
Wipers and Washers
NOTICE Do not use the wipers when the windshield is dry. The windshield will get scratched, or the rubber blades will get damaged. NOTICE In cold weather, the blades may freeze to the windshie ...