The signals received from the GPS satellites are extremely weak (less than a millionth of the strength of a local FM station) and require an unobstructed view of the sky.
The GPS antenna is located in the dashboard. The signal reception can easily be interrupted or interfered with by the following:
• Metallic window tint on the front or side
• Cell phones, PDAs, or other electronic devices docked in a cradle or lying loose on the dashboard
• Remote starters or “hidden” vehicle tracking systems mounted near the navigation unit
• Audio electronic devices mounted near the navigation unit
• Trees, tall buildings, freeway overpasses, tunnels, or overhead electrical power wires
The GPS is operated by the U.S.
Department of Defense. For security reasons, there are certain inaccuracies built into the GPS for which the navigation system must constantly compensate. This can cause occasional positioning errors of up to several hundred feet.
List of Categories
* Stored in “Fav. Subcategory” by factory default. ...
Parking Brake Lever Replacement
Release the parking brake lever fully. Remove the center console. Disconnect the parking brake switch connector (A) from the parking brake switch (B). ...
Exterior Lights System Description
Headlights System Description The headlight system is composed of the MICU, the headlight and dimmer/flash-to-pass switches (inside the combination light switch), the left and right headlights, ...