● Shift to P and depress the brake pedal when starting the engine.
Turn off or start the engine.
Transmission is locked.
Used when reversing.
Transmission is not locked.
On models with paddle shifter, D-paddle shift mode can be used.
Models with paddle shifter
Sequential shift mode can be used.
Models without paddle shifter
•Going up or down hills
Used to increase engine braking (the transmission is locked in 2nd gear)
Used to further increase engine braking (the transmission is locked in 1st gear)
VSA® OFF Button
● The vehicle stability assist (VSA®) system helps stabilize the vehicle during cornering, and helps maintain traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces.
● VSA® comes on automatically every time you start the engine.
● To turn VSA® on or off, press and hold the button until you hear a beep.
● Cruise control allows you to maintain a set speed without keeping your foot on the accelerator pedal.
● To use cruise control, press the CRUISE button, then press DECEL/SET once you have achieved the desired speed (above 25 mph or 40 km/h).
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
U.S. models only
● TPMS monitors tire pressure.
● TPMS is turned on automatically every time you start the engine.
Fuel recommendation: Unleaded gasoline with a pump octane number 87 or
Fuel tank capacity: 10.6 US gal (40 L)
1 Press on the edge of the fuel fill door to make it pop up slightly.
2 Turn the fuel fill cap slowly to remove the cap.
3 Place the cap in the holder on the fuel fill door.
4 After refueling, screw the cap back on until it clicks at least once.
If the vehicle needs to be towed, call a professional towing service. Never tow the vehicle behind another vehicle with just a rope or chain. It is very dangerous. Emergency Towing -There are thr ...
Driver and Passenger Safety
This section gives you important information about how to protect yourself and your passengers. It shows you how to use seat belts. It explains how your airbags work. And it tells you how to prope ...
Check the fluid level in the windshield washer reservoir at least monthly during normal use. Check the fluid level by removing the cap and looking at the level gauge On Canadian models: The low ...