Although this seems like a simple procedure, you should take several precautions.
A battery can explode if you do not follow the correct procedure, seriously injuring anyone nearby.
Keep all sparks, open flames, and smoking materials away from the battery.
You cannot start your vehicle with an automatic transmission by pushing or pulling it.
To Jump Start Your Vehicle:
1. Open the hood, and check the physical condition of the battery.
In very cold weather, check the condition of the electrolyte. If it seems slushy or frozen, do not try jump starting until it thaws.
If a battery sits in extreme cold, the electrolyte inside can f reeze.
Attempting to jump start with a f rozen battery can cause it to rupture.
2. Turn off all the electrical accessories: heater, A/C (if equipped), audio system, lights, etc. Put the transmission in neutral (manual) or Park (automatic), and set the parking brake.
The numbers in the illustration show you the order to connect the jumper cables.
3. Connect one jumper cable to the positive ( + ) terminal on your battery. Connect the other end to the positive ( + ) terminal on the booster battery.
4. Connect the second jumper cable to the negative ( - ) terminal on the booster battery. Connect the other end to the stay as shown. Do not connect this jumper cable to any other part of the engine.
5. If the booster battery is in another vehicle, have an assistant start that vehicle and run it at a fast idle.
6. Start your vehicle. If the starter motor still operates slowly, check that the jumper cables have good metal-to-metal contact.
7. Once your vehicle is running, disconnect the negative cable from your vehicle, then from the booster battery. Disconnect the positive cable from your vehicle, then from the booster battery.
Keep the ends of the jumper cables away from each other and any metal on the vehicle until everything is disconnected. Otherwise, you may cause an electrical short.
Passenger's Power Window Switch Replacement
NOTE: The illustration shows front passenger's power window switch. Remove the door panel: Front passenger's Rear Remove the screws and t ...
If you removed the pulley, put the rotor in the drive-end housing, then torque its locknut to 110 N·m (11.2 kgf·m, 81 lbf·ft). Remove any grease or any oil from the ...
Storing Your Home Address
1 Press the INFO button. 2 Select Setup. 3 Select Personal Information. 4 Select Home Address 1. 5 Select Edit Name. 6 Enter a name and select OK. 7 Select Edit Address. 8 Select ...