1. Apply the parking brake.
2. In cold weather, turn off all electrical accessories to reduce the drain on the battery.
3. Manual transmission: Press the clutch pedal down all the way. The START (III) position does not function unless the clutch pedal is pressed.
Automatic transmission: Make sure the shift lever is in Park. Press on the brake pedal.
4. Without touching the accelerator pedal, turn the ignition key to the START (III) position. Do not hold the key in the START (III) position for more than 15 seconds at a time. If the engine does not start right away, pause for at least 10 seconds before trying again.
The immobilizer system protects your vehicle f rom thef t. If an improperlycoded key (or other device) is used, the engine’s f uel system is disabled.
5. If the engine does not start within 15 seconds, or starts but stalls right away, repeat step 4 with the accelerator pedal pressed halfway down. If the engine starts, release pressure on the accelerator pedal so the engine does not race.
6. If the engine fails to start, press the accelerator pedal all the way down, and hold it there while starting to clear flooding. If the engine still does not start, return to step 5.
The engine is harder to start in cold weather. Also, the thinner air f ound at altitudes above 8,000 f eet (2,400 meters) adds to this problem.
Engine Oil/Air Separator Installation
Remove all of the old liquid gasket from the oil/air separator mating surfaces, the bolts, and the bolt holes. Clean and dry the oil/air separator mating surfaces. App ...
How to Use This Manual
This section explains different methods on how you can easily find information in this manual. Searching the Table of Contents Two types of Tables of Contents help you find your desired informati ...
Service Station Procedures
Refueling 1. Park with the driver’s side closest to the service station pump. 2. Outside of the vehicle, open the fuel fill door by pulling its notched edge. 3. Remove the fuel fill cap slowly. ...