● Shift to P and depress the brake pedal when starting the engine.
Turn off or start the engine.
Transmission is locked.
Used when reversing.
Transmission is not locked.
On models with paddle shifter, D-paddle shift mode can be used.
Models with paddle shifter
Sequential shift mode can be used.
Models without paddle shifter
•Going up or down hills
Used to increase engine braking (the transmission is locked in 2nd gear)
Used to further increase engine braking (the transmission is locked in 1st gear)
VSA® OFF Button
● The vehicle stability assist (VSA®) system helps stabilize the vehicle during cornering, and helps maintain traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces.
● VSA® comes on automatically every time you start the engine.
● To turn VSA® on or off, press and hold the button until you hear a beep.
● Cruise control allows you to maintain a set speed without keeping your foot on the accelerator pedal.
● To use cruise control, press the CRUISE button, then press DECEL/SET once you have achieved the desired speed (above 25 mph or 40 km/h).
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
U.S. models only
● TPMS monitors tire pressure.
● TPMS is turned on automatically every time you start the engine.
Fuel recommendation: Unleaded gasoline with a pump octane number 87 or
Fuel tank capacity: 10.6 US gal (40 L)
1 Press on the edge of the fuel fill door to make it pop up slightly.
2 Turn the fuel fill cap slowly to remove the cap.
3 Place the cap in the holder on the fuel fill door.
4 After refueling, screw the cap back on until it clicks at least once.
If the Low Oil Pressure Indicator Comes On
■ Reasons for the indicator to come on Comes on when the engine oil pressure is low. ■ What to do as soon as the indicator comes on 1. Immediately park the vehicle in a safe place. ...
DEST button ► Previous Destinations Select an address from a list of your 50 most recent destinations to use as the destination. The list is displayed with the most recent destination at t ...
M/T Differential Carrier/Final Driven Gear Replacement (M/T)
Loosen the bolts in a crisscross pattern in several steps, then remove the final driven gear (A) from the differential carrier (B). Install the final driven gear with the cham ...