The tires that came on your vehicle have a number of markings. Those you should be aware of are described below.
Whenever tires are replaced, they should be replaced with tires of the same size.
Following is an example of tire size with an explanation of what each component means.
: Tire width in millimeters.
: Aspect ratio (the tire’s section height as a percentage of its width).
: Tire construction code (R indicates radial).
: Rim diameter in inches.
Load index (a numerical code associated with the maximum load the tire can carry).
: Speed symbol (an alphabetical code indicating the maximum speed rating).
The tire identification number (TIN) is a group of numbers and letters that look like the example in the side column. TIN is located on the sidewall of the tire.
DOT B97R FW6X 2209
: This indicates that the tire meets all
requirements of the U.S. Department of
Manufacturer’s identification mark.
Tire type code.
Cold Tire Pressure
– The tire air pressure when the vehicle has been parked for at least three hours or driven less than 1 mile (1.6 km).
– Means the maximum load that a tire is rated to carry for a given inflation pressure.
Maximum Inflation Pressure
– The maximum tire air pressure that the tire can hold.
Maximum Load Rating
– Means the load rating for a tire at the maximum permissible inflation pressure for that tire.
Recommended Inflation Pressure
– The cold tire inflation pressure recommended by the manufacturer.
Treadwear Indicators (TWI)
– Means the projections within the principal grooves designed to give a visual indication of the degrees of wear of the tread.
Adjusting the Rear Seat-Backs Pull the lever on the right to change the angle of the right half of the seat-back, and left for the left half. Folding Down the Rear Seats 1. Unlatch the detach ...
Place Phone Number
DEST button ►DEST Menu 2►Place Phone Number Select a destination by phone number. Only phone numbers in the database are recognized. 1. Enter the area code and phone number. Select ...
Intermediate Shaft Removal (A/T)
Drain the transmission fluid. Reinstall the drain plug with a new sealing washer. Remove the right driveshaft. Remove the shift cable cover (A). Re ...