The tires that came on your vehicle have a number of markings. Those you should be aware of are described below.
Whenever tires are replaced, they should be replaced with tires of the same size.
Following is an example of tire size with an explanation of what each component means.
: Tire width in millimeters.
: Aspect ratio (the tire’s section height as a percentage of its width).
: Tire construction code (R indicates radial).
: Rim diameter in inches.
Load index (a numerical code associated with the maximum load the tire can carry).
: Speed symbol (an alphabetical code indicating the maximum speed rating).
The tire identification number (TIN) is a group of numbers and letters that look like the example in the side column. TIN is located on the sidewall of the tire.
DOT B97R FW6X 2209
: This indicates that the tire meets all
requirements of the U.S. Department of
Manufacturer’s identification mark.
Tire type code.
Cold Tire Pressure
– The tire air pressure when the vehicle has been parked for at least three hours or driven less than 1 mile (1.6 km).
– Means the maximum load that a tire is rated to carry for a given inflation pressure.
Maximum Inflation Pressure
– The maximum tire air pressure that the tire can hold.
Maximum Load Rating
– Means the load rating for a tire at the maximum permissible inflation pressure for that tire.
Recommended Inflation Pressure
– The cold tire inflation pressure recommended by the manufacturer.
Treadwear Indicators (TWI)
– Means the projections within the principal grooves designed to give a visual indication of the degrees of wear of the tread.
Audio Screen Control
AUDIO button (in iPod® mode) Control the audio screen through the navigation system. Select a track. Select the menu tab to change songs in the track list. The following items are ava ...
Manual transmission models Shifting
■Shift Lever Operation+ Fully depress the clutch pedal to operate the shift lever and change gears, then slowly release the pedal. Depress the clutch pedal, and pause for a few seconds be ...
How to Handle Overheating Overheating symptoms are as follows: • The high temperature indicator comes on or the engine suddenly loses power. • Steam or spray comes out of the engine compartment ...