If you need to park your vehicle for an extended period (more than 1 month), there are several things you should do to prepare it for storage.
Proper preparation helps prevent deterioration and makes it easier to get your vehicle back on the road. If possible, store your vehicle indoors.
• Fill the fuel tank.
• Wash and dry the exterior completely.
• Clean the interior. Make sure the carpeting, floor mats, etc., are completely dry.
• Leave the parking brake off. Put the transmission in reverse (manual) or Park (automatic).
• Block the rear wheels.
• If the vehicle is to be stored for a longer period, it should be supported on jackstands so the tires are off the ground.
• Leave one window open slightly (if the vehicle is being stored indoors).
• Disconnect the battery.
Support the front and rear wiper blade arms with a folded towel or rag so they do not touch the windshield.
• To minimize sticking, apply a silicone spray lubricant to all door and tailgate seals. Also, apply a vehicle body wax to the painted surfaces that mate with the door and tailgate seals.
• Cover the vehicle with a ‘‘breathable’’ cover, one made from a porous material such as cotton. Non-porous materials, such as plastic sheeting, trap moisture, which can damage the paint.
• If possible, periodically run the engine until it reaches full operating temperature (the cooling fans cycle on and off twice). Preferably, do this once a month.
Your vehicle is equipped with an antenna at the rear of the roof . Bef ore using a ‘‘drive-through’’ car wash, remove the antenna by unscrewing it by hand. This prevents the antenna f ...
Transmission End Crankshaft Oil Seal Installation - In Car
Special Tools Required Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000 Oil Seal Driver Attachment, 96 mm 07ZAD-PNAA100 Remove the transmission. M/T model A/T model ...
Clutch Clearance Inspection (A/T)
Special Tools Required Clutch Compressor Attachment 07ZAE-PRP0100 Inspect the clutch piston, the discs, the plates, and the end-plate for wear and damage, and inspect the clutch wav ...