If you need to park your vehicle for an extended period (more than 1 month), there are several things you should do to prepare it for storage.
Proper preparation helps prevent deterioration and makes it easier to get your vehicle back on the road. If possible, store your vehicle indoors.
• Fill the fuel tank.
• Wash and dry the exterior completely.
• Clean the interior. Make sure the carpeting, floor mats, etc., are completely dry.
• Leave the parking brake off. Put the transmission in reverse (manual) or Park (automatic).
• Block the rear wheels.
• If the vehicle is to be stored for a longer period, it should be supported on jackstands so the tires are off the ground.
• Leave one window open slightly (if the vehicle is being stored indoors).
• Disconnect the battery.
Support the front and rear wiper blade arms with a folded towel or rag so they do not touch the windshield.
• To minimize sticking, apply a silicone spray lubricant to all door and tailgate seals. Also, apply a vehicle body wax to the painted surfaces that mate with the door and tailgate seals.
• Cover the vehicle with a ‘‘breathable’’ cover, one made from a porous material such as cotton. Non-porous materials, such as plastic sheeting, trap moisture, which can damage the paint.
• If possible, periodically run the engine until it reaches full operating temperature (the cooling fans cycle on and off twice). Preferably, do this once a month.
Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box Removal and Installation (Canada models)
Canada models NOTE: SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, and precautions and procedures before doing repairs or servicing. Removal NOTE: The ...
This navigation system comes with voice help information, which tells you how to use the voice command functions. Go to Voice Info for tips when using the voice command functions. ...
Valve Body and ATF Strainer Removal (A/T)
Remove the ATF feed pipe (A) from the regulator valve body (B). Remove the ATF feed pipes (C) (D) from the servo body (E). Remove the ATF strainer (F) (two bolts). ...