Check the condition of the wiper blades at least every six months.
Replace them if you find signs of cracking in the rubber, areas that are getting hard, or if they leave streaks and unwiped areas when used.
To replace a front wiper blade: 1. Raise each wiper arm off the windshield, lifting the driver’s side first, then the passenger’s side.
Do not open the hood when the wiper arms are raised, or you will damage the hood and wiper arms.
2. Disconnect the blade assembly from the wiper arm: • Press and hold the lock tab.
• Slide the blade assembly toward the lock tab until it releases from the wiper arm.
3. Remove the blade from its holder by grasping the tabbed end of the blade. Pull firmly until the tabs come out of the holder.
4. Examine the new wiper blades. If they have no plastic or metal reinforcement along the back edge, remove the metal reinforcement strips from the old wiper blade, and install them in the slots along the edge of the new blade.
Make sure the three rubber tabs inside the blade fit to each notch of the reinforcement, as shown.
5. Place the top of the wiper blade on the end of the blade assembly, and slide the blade onto the assembly in the direction pointed to by the arrow.
Make sure the blade is completely installed.
6. Slide the wiper blade assembly onto the wiper arm.Make sure it locks in place.
7. Lower the wiper arm down against the windshield, the passenger’s side first, then the driver’s side.
To replace the rear wiper blade:
1. Raise the wiper arm off the glass.
2. Slide the blade out of the wiper arm.
3. Examine the new wiper blade. If it has no plastic or metal reinforcement along the back edge, remove the metal reinforcement strips from the old wiper blade and install them in the slots along the edge of the new blade.
4. Slide the new blade into the wiper arm. Make sure it is engaged in the slot along its full length.
5. Lower the wiper arm.
If the engine oil life is less than 15%, you will see the Maintenance Minder messages appear on the information display every time you turn the ignition switch to ON . The messages notify you w ...
VSA Off Switch Test/Replacement
NOTE: If the low tire pressure indicator turns ON, the VSA cannot be turned OFF. Check the tire pressure first. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0). Remove the driver's da ...
M/T Differential Thrust Clearance Adjustment (M/T)
Special Tools Required Driver Handle, 40 mm I.D. 07746-0030100 Remove the left driveshaft side oil seal from the transmission housing. If you remove the 80 mm shim (A) fro ...