* : If equipped
Fan Control Dia
Turn this dial to increase or decrease the fan speed and airflow.
Temperature Control Dial
Turning this dial clockwise increases the temperature of the airflow.
Air Conditioning (A/C) Button
This button turns the air conditioning on and off. The indicator in the button is on when the A/C is on.
Fresh Air/Recirculation Lever
This lever controls the source of the air going into the system. When you slide
the lever to the side, air is brought
in from outside the vehicle (fresh air mode). When you select the side, air from the vehicle’s interior
is sent through the system again (recirculation mode).
The outside air intakes for the heating and cooling system are at the base of the windshield. Keep this area clear of leaves and other debris.
The systemshould be left in fresh air mode under almost all conditions.
Keeping the system in recirculation mode, particularly with the A/C off, can cause the windows to fog up.
Switch to recirculation mode when driving through dusty or smoky conditions, then return to fresh air mode.
Rear Window Defogger Button
This button turns the rear window defogger on and off.
Mode Control Dial
Use the mode control dial to select the vents the air flows from. Some air will flow from the dashboard corner vents in all modes.
Air flows from the center and corner
vents in the dashboard.
Airflow is divided between the vents
in the dashboard and the floor vents.
Air flows from the floor vents.
Airflow is divided between the floor
vents and defroster vents at the base of the windshield.
Air flows from the defroster vents
at the base of the windshield.
When you select or
, the system automatically turns on the
A/C (if equipped). You cannot turn the A/C off in this mode.
The flow-through ventilation system draws in outside air, circulates it through the interior, then discharges it through vents near the tailgate.
1. Set the temperature to the lower limit.
2. Make sure the A/C is off.
3. Select and
4. Set the fan to the desired speed.
Using the Heater
The heater uses engine coolant to warm the air. If the engine is cold, it will be several minutes before you feel warm air coming from the system.
1. Select and
2. Set the fan to the desired speed.
3. Adjust the warmth of the air with the temperature control dial.
Using the A/C
Air conditioning places an extra load on the engine. Check the high temperature indicator. If the indicator begins to blink, turn off the A/C until the indicator goes off.
1. Turn on the A/C by pressing the button. The indicator in the button comes on when a fan speed is selected.
2. Make sure the temperature is set to maximum cool.
3. Select .
4. If the outside air is humid, select recirculation mode. If the outside air is dry, select .
5. Set the fan to the desired speed.
If the interior is very warm, you can cool it down more rapidly by partially opening the windows, turning on the A/C, and setting the fan to maximum speed in .
Dehumidify the Interior
Air conditioning, as it cools, removes moisture from the air.When used in combination with the heater, it makes the interior warm and dry and can prevent the windows from fogging up.
1. Turn the fan on.
2. If the A/C is off, turn it on (if equipped).
3. Select and
Adjust the temperature to your preference.
This setting is suitable for all driving conditions whenever the outside temperature is above 32°F (0°C).
To Defog and Defrost
To remove fog from the inside of the windows:
1. Set the fan to the desired speed or high for faster defrosting.
2. Select by sliding the lever.
3. Select . The system automatically
turns on the A/C (if equipped). The A/C indicator will not come on if it was previously off.
4. Adjust the temperature so the airflow feels warm.
5. Select to help clear the rear window.
6. To increase airflow to the windshield, close the corner vents.
When you select or
, the system automatically turns on
the A/C. This helps to dehumidify the air and to defog the windshield.
In either mode, you cannot turn off the A/C. When you switch to another mode, the A/C returns to its original setting, either on or off, as indicated by the A/C indicator.
To Remove Exterior Frost or Ice FromtheWindows 1.
Set the fan and temperature controls to maximum level.
2. Select . The system automatically
turns on the A/C (if equipped). The A/C indicator does not come on if it was previously off.
3. Select .
To clear the windows faster, you can close the dashboard corner vents by rotating the wheel below each vent.
This sends more warm air to the windshield defroster vents. Once the windshield is clear, select fresh air mode to avoid fogging the windows.
For your safety, make sure you have a clear view through all the windows before driving.
To Turn Everything Off
Turning the fan speed control dial all the way to the left shuts the system off.
• Keep the system off for short periods only.
• To keep stale air and mustiness from collecting, you should have the fan running at all times.
Transmission End Cover Air Check Valve Inspection and Replacement (A/T)
NOTE: There are two types of the transmission end cover; the type A and the type B; and both types are available. The differences between the types A and B of the end covers are: ...
To achieve optimum voice recognition when using either the navigation voice control system or Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®: • Make sure the correct screen is displayed for the voice command that yo ...
• Use only high-quality CD-R or CD-RW discs labeled for audio use. • Use only CD-R or CD-RW discs on which the recordings are closed. • Play only standard round-shaped CDs. A Dual-disc cann ...