Testing of Readiness Codes
Your vehicle uses “readiness codes,” as part of its onboard self diagnostic system.
Some states refer to these codes during testing to see if your vehicle’s emissions components are working properly.
The codes may not be read if you go through the testing just after the battery has gone dead or been disconnected.
To check if they are set, turn the ignition switch to ON
, without starting the
engine. The malfunction indicator lamp will come on for several seconds. If it then goes off, the readiness codes are set. If it blinks five times, the readiness codes are not set.
If you are required to have your vehicle tested before the readiness codes are ready, prepare the vehicle for retesting by doing the following:
1. Fill the gas tank to approximately 3/4 full.
2. Park the vehicle and leave the engine off for 6 hours or more.
3. Make sure the ambient temperature is between 40°F and 95°F (4°C and 35°C).
4. Start the engine without touching the accelerator pedal, and let it idle for 20 seconds.
5. Keep the vehicle in (automatic
transmission) or (manual
Increase the engine speed to 2,000 rpm, and hold it there for about 3 minutes.
6. Let the engine idle with your foot off the accelerator for 20 seconds.
The readiness codes are erased when the battery is disconnected, and set again only after several days of driving under a variety of conditions.
If a testing facility determines that the readiness codes are not set, you may be requested to return at a later date to complete the test.
If the testing facility determines the readiness codes are still not set, see a dealer.
7. Select a nearby, lightly traveled major highway where you can maintain a
of 50 to 60 mph (80 to 97 km/h) for at least 20 minutes. Drive on the highway in
(automatic) or 5th (manual). Do not
use cruise control. When traffic allows, drive for 90 seconds without moving the accelerator pedal. (Vehicle speed may vary slightly; this is okay.) If you cannot do this for a continuous 90 seconds because of traffic conditions, drive for at least 30 seconds, then repeat it two more times (for a total of 90 seconds).
8. Drive in city/suburban traffic for at least 10 minutes. When traffic conditions allow, let the vehicle coast for several seconds without using the accelerator pedal or the brake pedal.
9. Park the vehicle and leave the engine off for 30 minutes.
INFO button ► Setup ►Other ►Color Choose the color of the navigation map and system menus. Select an item. The following items are available: • Map: Sets the color of the ...
Bluetooth® Audio Commands
Bluetooth audio play Bluetooth audio skip forward Bluetooth audio skip back Bluetooth audio pause Bluetooth audio resume NOTE: Bluetooth® Audio commands may not work on some phones or Bluetoot ...