Some of the most important safety precautions are given here.
However, we cannot warn you of every conceivable hazard that can arise in performing maintenance. Only you can decide whether or not you should perform a given task.
Improperly maintaining this vehicle or failing to correct a problem before driving can cause a crash in which you can be seriously hurt or killed.
Always follow the inspection and maintenance recommendations according to the schedules in this owner’s manual.
Failure to properly follow maintenance instructions and precautions can cause you to be seriously hurt or killed.
Always follow the procedures and precautions in this owner’s manual.
• To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, keep cigarettes, sparks, and flames away from the battery and all fuel related parts.
• Never leave rags, towels, or other flammable objects under the hood.
► Heat from the engine and exhaust can ignite them causing a fire.
• To clean parts, use a commercially available degreaser or parts cleaner, not gasoline.
• Wear eye protection and protective clothing when working with the battery or compressed air.
• Engine exhaust contains carbon monoxide, which is poisonous and can kill you.
► Only operate the engine if there is sufficient ventilation.
• The vehicle must be in a stationary condition.
► Make sure your vehicle is parked on level ground, the parking brake is set, and the engine is off.
• Be aware that hot parts can burn you.
► Make sure to let the engine and exhaust system cool thoroughly before touching vehicle parts.
• Be aware that moving parts can injure you.
► Do not start the engine unless instructed, and keep your hands and limbs away from moving parts.
Help assure your vehicle’s future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you drive during the first 600 miles (1,000 km). During this period: • Avoid full-throttle starts ...
Transmission Range Switch Replacement (A/T)
Raise the vehicle on a lift, or apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, and raise the front of the vehicle. Make sure it is securely supported. Shift to N. ...
Ball Joint Boot Inspection/Replacement
Special Tools Required Bearing Driver Attachment, 40 mm 07GAF-SE00200 Check the ball joint boot for weakness, damage, cracks, and grease leaks. NOTE: If the ball joint boot is ...