Some of the most important safety precautions are given here.
However, we cannot warn you of every conceivable hazard that can arise in performing maintenance. Only you can decide whether or not you should perform a given task.
Improperly maintaining this vehicle or failing to correct a problem before driving can cause a crash in which you can be seriously hurt or killed.
Always follow the inspection and maintenance recommendations according to the schedules in this owner’s manual.
Failure to properly follow maintenance instructions and precautions can cause you to be seriously hurt or killed.
Always follow the procedures and precautions in this owner’s manual.
• To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, keep cigarettes, sparks, and flames away from the battery and all fuel related parts.
• Never leave rags, towels, or other flammable objects under the hood.
► Heat from the engine and exhaust can ignite them causing a fire.
• To clean parts, use a commercially available degreaser or parts cleaner, not gasoline.
• Wear eye protection and protective clothing when working with the battery or compressed air.
• Engine exhaust contains carbon monoxide, which is poisonous and can kill you.
► Only operate the engine if there is sufficient ventilation.
• The vehicle must be in a stationary condition.
► Make sure your vehicle is parked on level ground, the parking brake is set, and the engine is off.
• Be aware that hot parts can burn you.
► Make sure to let the engine and exhaust system cool thoroughly before touching vehicle parts.
• Be aware that moving parts can injure you.
► Do not start the engine unless instructed, and keep your hands and limbs away from moving parts.
Taking Care of the Unexpected
This section covers the more common problems that motorists experience with their vehicles. It gives you information about how to safely evaluate the problem and what to do to correct it. If the p ...
Mainshaft Reassembly (M/T)
Exploded View Special Tools Required Driver Handle, 40 mm I.D. 07746-0030100 Bearing Driver Attachment, 30 mm I.D. 07746-0030300 NOTE: Refer to the Exploded Viewas neededduring this proc ...
A/T Countershaft Reverse Selector Hub Installation (A/T)
Special Tools Required Driver Handle, 40 mm I.D. 07746-0030100 Install 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear, the 33.2 x 40 x 26 mm collar, the 29 mm cotters, and the 33 x ...