The following checklist will help you take an active role in protecting yourself and your passengers.
Your vehicle is equipped with many features that work together to help protect you and your passengers during a crash.
Some features do not require any action on your part.
These include a strong steel framework that forms a safety cage around the passenger compartment, front and rear crush zones, a collapsible steering column, and tensioners that tighten the front seat belts in a sufficient crash.
However, you and your passengers cannot take full advantage of these features unless you remain seated in the correct position and always wear your seat belts. In fact, some safety features can contribute to injuries if they are not used properly.
For the safety of you and your passengers, make a habit of checking these items each time before you drive.
• After everyone has entered the vehicle, be sure all doors and the tailgate are closed and locked. Locking the doors and the tailgate helps prevent an occupant from being ejected and an outsider from unexpectedly opening a door or the tailgate.
• Adjust your seat to a position suitable for driving. Be sure the front seats are adjusted as far to the rear as possible while allowing the driver to control the vehicle. Sitting too close to a front airbag can result in serious or fatal injury in a crash.
• Adjust head restraints to the proper position. Head restraints are most effective when the center of the head restraint aligns with the center of your head. Taller persons should adjust their head restraint to the highest position.
• Always wear your seat belt, and make sure you wear it properly. Confirm that any passengers are properly belted as well.
• Protect children by using seat belts or child seats according to a child’s age, height and weight.
If the door and tailgate open indicator is on, a door and/or the tailgate is not completely closed. Close all doors and the tailgate tightly until the indicator goes off.
Rear Door Pad Replacement
'11-13 models NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands. Take care not to scratch the door. Remove the door panel. Disconnect the power door lock actuato ...
Rocker Arm Assembly Installation
If the rocker arm assembly is disassembled, reassemble the rocker arm assembly. Apply engine oil to the end of the valve stem. Install the rocker arm assembly. ...
Clutch Wave-Plate Phase Difference Inspection (A/T)
Place the clutch wave-plate (A) on a surface plate, and set a dial indicator (B) on the wave-plate. Find the bottom (C) of a phase difference of the wave-plate, zero the di ...