■Jump Starting Procedure
Turn off the power to electric devices, such as audio and lights. Turn off the engine, then open the hood.
1. Connect the first jumper cable to your vehicle’s battery + terminal.
► Remove the cover from the under-hood fuse box.
2. Connect the other end of the first jumper cable to the assisting vehicle’s + terminal.
► Use a 12-volt booster battery only.
3. Connect the second jumper cable to the assisting vehicle’s - terminal.
4. Connect the other end of the second jumper cable to the grounding strap as shown.
Do not connect this jumper cable to any other part.
5. If your vehicle is connected to another vehicle, start the assisting vehicle’s engine and increase its rpm slightly.
6. Attempt to start your vehicle’s engine. If it turns over slowly, check that the jumper cables have good metal-to-metal contact.
A battery can explode if you do not follow the correct procedure, seriously injuring anyone nearby.
Keep all sparks, open flames, and smoking materials away from the battery.
Securely attach the jumper cables clips so that they do not come off when the engine vibrates. Also be careful not to tangle the jumper cables or allow the cable ends to touch each other while attaching or detaching the jumper cables.
Battery performance degrades in cold conditions and may prevent the engine from starting.
■What to Do After the Engine Starts
Once your vehicle’s engine has started, remove the jumper cables in the following order.
1. Disconnect the jumper cable from your vehicle’s ground.
2. Disconnect the other end of the jumper cable from the assisting vehicle’s battery - terminal.
3. Disconnect the jumper cable from your vehicle’s battery + terminal.
4. Disconnect the other end of the jumper cable from the assisting vehicle’s battery + terminal.
Have your vehicle inspected by a nearby service station or a dealer.
Pressure Plate Inspection and Removal
Remove the transmission. Check the evenness of the height of the diaphragm spring fingers using the clutch alignment disc (A), clutch alignment shaft (B), remover handle (C ...
Release the parking brake. Shift the transmission to neutral. Leave the ignition switch in ACCESSORY (I) so the steering wheel does not lock. Make sure all accessories ar ...
Engine Number and Transmission Number
See the image below for the locations of your vehicle’s engine number and transmission number. ...