All service items not detailed in this section should be performed by a certified technician or other qualified mechanic.
Important Safety Precautions
To eliminate potential hazards, read the instructions before you begin, and make sure you have the tools and skills required.
• Make sure your vehicle is parked on level ground, the parking brake is set, and the engine is off.
• To clean parts, use a commercially available degreaser or parts cleaner, not gasoline.
• To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, keep cigarettes, sparks, and flames away from the battery and all fuel-related parts.
• Wear eye protection and protective clothing when working with the battery or compressed air.
Improperly maintaining this vehicle, or failing to correct a problem before driving can cause a crash in which you can be seriously hurt or killed.
Always follow the inspection and maintenance recommendations and schedules in this owner’s manual.
Potential Vehicle Hazards • Carbon Monoxide poison from engine exhaust.
Be sure there is adequate ventilation whenever you operate the engine. • Burns from hot parts.
Let the engine and exhaust system cool down before touching
• Injury from moving parts.
Do not run the engine unless instructed to do so.
Failure to properly follow maintenance instructions and precautions can cause you to be seriously hurt or killed.
Always follow the procedures and precautions in this owner’s manual.
Some of the most important safety precautions are given here. However, we cannot warn you of every conceivable hazard that can arise in performing maintenance. Only you can decide whether or not you should perform a given task.
Wait until the engine is cool, then carefully remove the radiator cap. Remove the splash shield. Loosen the drain plug (A), and drain the coolant. Rem ...
Improving Fuel Economy Fuel economy depends on several conditions, including driving conditions, your driving habits, the condition of your vehicle, and loading. Depending on these and other co ...
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014 *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS c ...